<big id="djx19"></big>

        <big id="djx19"><progress id="djx19"><font id="djx19"></font></progress></big>

              <big id="djx19"></big>

              <big id="djx19"></big>

              365棋牌游戏

              每日學英語
              daily-english
              用微信學英語,讓英語學習成為一種習慣.可以學到精彩短句、口語,還可以查單詞,搜英語資料.

              雙語美文 | 我早就說了嘛

              2019-10-14 09:04:51  每日學英語

              Those 4 words never sounded so good

              我從未覺得這幾個字如此動聽

              till the June morning

              直到一個六月的早晨

              in my mom's hospital room.

              在母親的病房里

              It began when my mother was admitted to the hospital

              事情的開始是這樣的,我母親要住院

              for a really bad infection in her bladder.

              因為膀胱有嚴重的感染

              It was November 21

              那是11月21日

              when they called us to her hospital room

              醫院把我們一家人叫到母親的病房里

              to tell us my mom had a mass tumor

              告訴我們,母親長了一個腫塊腫瘤

              it was big in her stomach

              在她的胃里,面積很大

              and it was malignant.

              是個惡性腫瘤

              They went over a couple of options

              他們列出了幾種治療方案

              but all I heard was MDAnderson & biopsy.

              我卻只聽到了癌癥中心和活體檢查

              That same night at about 2 a.m.

              當天夜里,凌晨兩點鐘的時候

              my mom got dressed

              我母親穿戴整齊

              called my stepdad

              叫上我的繼父

              and walked out of that hospital,

              兩人走出了醫院

              she wanted to go home.

              她想要回家

              The next morning

              第二天早上

              we went to talk to the surgeon

              我們去找醫生談話

              to find out what does this mean,

              去詢問母親昨晚的舉動有何用意

              how long does she have by refusing treatment

              她這樣拒絕治療,還剩下多少日子

              & he said 15 days

              他說,大概半個月

              maybe less.

              也可能更少

              I was so scared

              我害怕極了

              I couldn't accept losing my mom

              我不能承受失去母親的痛苦

              my only parent

              雙親里我只剩下她了

              since dad died when I was 5 years old.

              因為我5歲的時候父親就過世了

              My stepdad was an ok kinda person

              我的繼父是一個不冷不熱的人

              just not involved with our lives growing.

              在我們成長過程中,都沒有管過我們

              So 15 days,

              所以,還有半個月

              I had

              這就是我所有的全部

              to pray, to beg, to cry,

              我只有這些時間去祈禱,去乞求,去痛哭流涕

              to spend time with my mom.

              去與母親共度

              I didn't judge her decision

              我沒有職責她放棄治療的決定

              she's my mom

              她是我的母親

              she has earned the right to decide what she wants.

              她有權決定自己想要的是什么

              My siblings didn't see it that way

              我的兄弟姐妹們并不這樣想

              but really what can you do.

              可是你能怎么做呢

              I asked everyone I came in contact with

              我對自己能聯系上的每一個人都發出了請求

              if they could say wish good luck for my mom,

              我問他們能否祝我母親好運

              I mean everyone.

              我說的是所有人

              The day came and went

              日子一天天過去

              and she did sleep a lot

              她確實睡得很多

              but my stepdad says she seems ok,

              但是繼父說,她看起來情況還不錯

              when I'd go visit her

              當我去看望她的時候

              I would just sit and stare at her

              我坐在那里,緊緊的盯著她

              I imagine she probably felt like a specimen under a microscope

              我想,她大概覺得自己就像是顯微鏡下面的一個標本

              because she'd just cough

              因為,她只不過喝水嗆了一下

              and all heads turned to her glasses of water

              所有人都看向她手中的水杯

              in every direction

              從各個方向看著她

              my poor mom.

              我可憐的媽媽

              Then 7 months later

              7個月過后

              she ends up back in hospital

              她又住進了醫院

              because her bladder is hurting real bad.

              因為她的膀胱疼的很厲害

              I remember sitting there

              我記得自己坐在那里

              just me and my granddaughter

              只有我和我的小孫女

              because she really wanted to visit her G.G.Ma

              因為她很想看望一下她的曾祖母

              and I watched her do her crossword puzzle

              我看著她玩字謎

              trying to sneak in a picture here and there.

              設法在這里那里拼出一個圖案來

              The oncologist walks in the room

              醫生走進病房

              asks my mom how she feeling

              問我母親感覺如何

              she says I feel fine

              她說,我感覺挺好的

              can I go home now?

              今天我能回家了嗎

              The Dr then says

              醫生說

              i'm sorry

              實在抱歉

              but I cannot be your doctor

              可是,我沒法給你看病

              so I cannot make that decision.

              所以,我也不能決定你何時出院

              She looks confused

              母親一臉的疑惑

              I'm stunned

              我也感到十分驚訝

              so I asked what did my mom do now?

              于是問道,我媽媽又做了什么

              He smiled

              醫生笑了笑

              and looked my mom straight in her eyes

              直直的看著母親的眼睛

              he says I'm a cancer doctor

              他說,我是一個腫瘤醫生

              since all your tests came back clear

              你的結果都非常好

              I cannot be in charge of your care.

              我不能再掌管你的健康問題了

              I'm looking at him

              我定定的看著醫生

              wide eyed big goofy smile

              雙目圓瞪,一臉傻笑

              and as I turned to see my mom's reaction

              我轉過頭去看母親的反應

              she picks up her crossword puzzle

              母親拿起我女兒的字謎游戲

              says as casual as can be

              用最隨意的語氣說

              "See I told you I wasn't sick!"

              “看吧,都跟你說了,我沒病!”

              I could only manage to say

              我一時百感交集,只能說出話一句

              "yup you sure did mom."

              “嗯吶,你確實說過,媽媽”

              That was 2 and a half years ago

              這是兩年半之前的事情

              and she's still mouthier as ever

              她還和往常一樣巧言善辯

              but I went and thanked everyone

              我向所有的人都道謝了

              because I truly witnessed a miracle first hand.

              因為我真的親眼見證了一個奇跡

              本周熱門

              365棋牌游戏